Hjem > Job in Denmark

Job in Denmark

Have a degree in OT from another country? Information on OT Authorization and Danish job requirements.

Danish employment requirements

Before you come to Denmark you should consider practical matters such as residence permit etc. Find the relevant information at the Danish Immigration Service - English >

If you want to work in Denmark as an occupational therapist, you need an authorization from The National Board of Health. This requires a Danish education or equivalent (Bachelor OT, 3½ yrs). It is also necessary to learn the Danish language. Other requirements depending on your citizenship may be demanded.

For more information on Danish employment requirements please find COTEC's "Summary of The OT Profession in Europe" on COTEC's website


Occupational therapists with a foreign education need an authorization from The Danish Patient Safety Authority


Only occupational therapists with a Danish authorization can obtain membership of The Danish Association of Occupational Therapists.

If you have a temporary authorization from The Danish Patient Safety Authority you can obtain membership during the period of temporary authorization.

Member Registration

Sidst opdateret